We accept requests from both traditionally published authors and self-published authors.
Traditionally published authors, we currently receive new release requests from THESE PUBLISHERS — if your publisher is on this list please do NOT submit your story to us, as duplicate entries will cause significant problems.
If you are self-published, or your publisher is not on our listing, please follow the submission guidelines below.
New publishers will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. If you are a publisher, please email us with your request. NOTE: this is not for self-published authors — you are considered an author, not a publisher, so please follow the author guidelines.
* We do not guarantee all books received will be reviewed. NOTE: Please do not email us after submitting your story for review to find out if it’s been selected for review. If it’s reviewed, you’ll be notified.
* We do NOT review non-fiction or poetry of any kind. The genres we review include: Romance, Erotic Romance, Young Adult and Middle Grade Fiction, Women’s Fiction, Non-Romance Mysteries and Cozies, Thrillers, Fantasy, and Science Fiction and other genre fiction.
* We reserve the right to decline to review books at our discretion.
* Please do not submit stories that include depraved or illegal acts, bestiality, degradation of men or women (rape) that is portrayed in a positive way (and never by the hero), incest, or pedophilia (no sex involving underage characters with an adult regardless of consent).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION BY AUTHORS – eBooks:
1. Please fill out the appropriate form for your genre (linked bel0w):
* All Other Genres (including non-erotic romance, YA/Middle Grade fiction, non-romance mystery, fantasy and science fiction)
2. After completing the form, please email the PDF for your story to lasrpdfs (@) gmail (.) com with a subject: TITLE – PUBLISHER PDF (i.e. Really Great Book – Awesome Publishing PDF). NOTE: the above email is for PDF submission ONLY. Please do not send ANY other correspondence. If you need to contact us for anything else, you may use lasreviews AT gmail DOT com
3. You will not receive confirmation of receipt. If your story is chosen for review, you will be notified by email when the review is published.
4. All review requests will be kept in our database for approximately three months. At that time, if no reviewer has been found for the story, the request will be removed from our database and the PDF deleted without issuance.
5. We are determined to be a site that only issues honest, but positive reviews. Therefore, if our reviewers cannot find positive remarks to say about a story, it will be declined. Please understand, this is not necessarily a reflection upon you, the author, or your story — opinions vary greatly. It just means that the reviewers who volunteer their time here at LASR didn’t care for it. We will notify you via email if this particular circumstance occurs. We appreciate your understanding!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION BY AUTHORS – Print Books:
1. If you are submitting a print book, please email us at lasreviews (at) gmail (dot) com with the following:
* Include the TITLE of your story/novel in the subject line, and the words “print book review request” so it isn’t deleted as spam.
* Please include the length (number of pages), the genre (historical, paranormal, contemporary, inspirational, etc), a short blurb.
Upon receipt of your email, we’ll give you mailing instructions.