This post is part of Sara Reinke’s Name Before the Masses Virtual Book Tour. To keep up with the tour, please see her tour schedule.
1. Love — the “a-ha!” moments when everything in your plot click and come together
2. Hate — the “dammit” moments when nothing in your plot seems to be working out as you’d planned
3. Love — creating new characters; envisioning how they look, sound and act, imagining a background/back story for them and watching as they grow and develop throughout the course of a story
4. Hate — when I can’t find the right “tone” for a character, but I feel like I’m almost there. I don’t know what the character is missing, but I know he or she isn’t fully realized or represented yet. These are bang-your-head-into-keyboard moments.
5. Love — the way I lose myself in my writing when I’m “in the zone”
6. Hate — writer’s block. More bang-your-head-into-keyboard moments.
7. Love — building passion between my characters, watching as they fall in love on the page
8. Hate — when my hero does something stupid to mess up the perfectly good relationship I’ve been building for him
9. Love — to hear from readers who get my stories, who are as excited and enthusiastic about them as I am
10. Hate — reviews that only say things like “I hated this book” without offering any reasons why—because I might agree if something doesn’t work for them and try to resolve in future books
11. Love — being in charge of my own career path now by self-publishing; by investing in myself and my stories and putting out the best stories that I can—that I want to write
12. Hate — being my own boss. I keep denying my own requests for vacation time.
13. Love — all of the wonderful, amazing people (readers and writers alike) I’ve been fortunate enough to meet over the past few years. Every single one of them has enriched both my writing and my life, and I’m immeasurably grateful.
“Definitely an author to watch.” That’s how Romantic Times Book Reviews magazine describes Sara Reinke. New York Times best-selling author Karen Robards calls Reinke “a new paranormal star” and Love Romances and More hails her as “a fresh new voice to a genre that has grown stale.” Dark Thirst and Dark Hunger, the first two books in her Brethren Series of vampire romance are available now from Kensington/Zebra Books. The third installment, Dark Passion, is available in print and ebook formats from Double Dragon Publishing. Her latest release, Backwoods, is available in multiple ebook formats, as well as paperback. Visit online at www.SaraReinke.com.