1. She used to be a fashion and travel blogger
2. She worked as a background in film and television – you can see her in anything from Fringe, Once Upon a Time and Twilight: Breaking Dawn to Chipwrecked (Alvin and the Chipmunks 3) and Big Time Movie
3. She went to film school for three different things — Screenwriting, Film Production and Makeup
4. She was on Inside Edition because of her interactions with David Copperfield (he made her grab his ass – though all in good fun)
5. She’s backpacked by herself in Europe, Australia and New Zealand
6. She used to be an avid horseback rider
7. She won a Jessica Simpson lookalike contest and got to meet her. It was weird.
8. She’s interviewed a lot of famous people including Anna Paquin and Chris Cornell
9. She’s never seen a ghost
10. She used to make home movies and has re-enacted Jurassic Park, The X-Files and Pulp Fiction. For some reason she was stuck playing John Travolta.
Raised by con artists, Ellie Watt has a lot of crazy childhood memories-but none crazier than being scarred with acid by the demented crime boss Travis Raines. Now Ellie is a full-grown woman who lives for revenge, and Travis is a full-blown drug lord who kills for pleasure. The sadistic bastard has kidnapped her good friend Gus as well as her mother, whom he’s been holding as prized possessions in his heavily guarded lair. And Ellie has only one chance in hell of getting them out alive-using two dangerous men who love her to death . . .
One is Camden McQueen, a talented tattoo artist who’s made a permanent mark on Ellie’s heart. The other is Javier Bernal, her fiery ex-lover who’s busted more than a few heads in his time. From the crime-ridden streets of Mexico City to the predatory jungles of Honduras, this unlikely trio forms an uneasy alliance in the deadliest game of all-a gun-blazing battle to the finish that will pit enemy against enemy and lover against lover. And Ellie must choose the right man to trust . . . or die.
About the Author: The daughter of a Norwegian Viking and a Finnish Moomin, Karina Halle grew up in Vancouver, Canada with trolls and eternal darkness on the brain. This soon turned into a love of all things that go bump in the night and a rather sadistic appreciation for freaking people out. Like many of the flawed characters she writes, Karina never knew where to find herself and has dabbled in acting, make-up artistry, film production, screenwriting, photography, travel writing and music journalism. She eventually found herself in the pages of the very novels she wrote (if only she had looked there to begin with). Karina holds a screenwriting degree from Vancouver Film School and a Bachelor of Journalism from TRU. Her travel writing, music reviews/interviews and photography have appeared in publications such as Consequence of Sound, Mxdwn and GoNomad Travel Guides. She currently splits her time between her apartment in downtown Vancouver and her sailboat, where a book and a bottle of wine are always at hand. She’s hard at work on her next novel.